Installation of PDTOOL v1.2 on Linux machines
Note: This application had been compiled and tested on an Intel
First download the following two files to a working directory.
running SuSE Linux 10.3.
Suggestions: ~/PDTOOL or /usr/local/share/PDTOOL
MATLAB graphics libraries
Please note that the MCRInstaller file is about 250Mb, so this may
take a while.
PDTOOL files (PDTOOL.zip)
Then open a terminal window and enter the working directory:
1. Install PDTOOL: unzip PDTOOL.zip
2. Begin installation of MATLAB libraries:
Type: MCRInstaller.bin at the terminal prompt
It takes a few seconds before the installer screen appears.
3. After the installer window opens:
-- Click "Continue" on the first screen. The "Installation Directory"
-- "Browse" for the working directory folder
-- Select the "New Folder" icon on the top row, call it MCR
-- Click "Next"
-- Click "Install" on the next screen
-- Click "Finish" when the installation is complete.
5. After the program and library files have been installed (Steps 1 and 2)
Type: ./configure at the terminal prompt.
6. To execute the program, type: PDTOOL
7. The file MCRInstaller.bin can be safely deleted after installation.
8. The executable PDTOOL can be moved or copied to another directory,
such as /usr/local/bin for access from other directories.
Errors, problems, or comments: email@example.com